I am a Database Engineer and working on Greenplum Database and PostgreSQL Database Server at Epsilon India. Currently living in Bangalore, India. Previously I have worked as Greenplum, MarkLogic database administrator in Broadridge financial Solutions and Greenplum Database/DCA Support Engineer in Wipro Technologies for Pivotal Inc. My interests range from technology to travel. I am also interested in reading,blogging and listening to music. And I always try to be better version of myself.
Epsilon is a global marketing company. I have joined this organisation recently and will be supporting Greenplum and PostgreSQL database.
Broadridge is multinational financial solution provider company.
- Maintaining database to perform well.
- Taking backup(pg_dump,parallel,ddboost) and restoring the same.
- Working with developers for tuning the queries and advising session level parameter by understanding query resource requirements.
- Working with work load manager.
- Loading and unloading data using gpfdist.
- Managing Security of database.
- Creating python,shell scripts to automate administrative tasks.
- Troubleshooting on various issues in case of failure and performance issues.
- Installing and upgrading Marklogic Server.
- Configuring database setting as per the requirement and resources available.
- Performing database maintenance like reindexing, merging, rebalancing and etc.
- Working on database backups and database refresh within the environments.
- Automating administrative tasks using python and REST API as well as Shell scripting.
- Managing Security of database.
- Working with Application team on deployments.
- Building corb2 jobs to perform jobs in batch like deletion, permission updates and etc.
- Working with mlcp utility for importing and exporting data.
During 1.7+ years of experience as greenplum database support engineer, I have supported multiple greenplum database environment of Pivotal's customers. While working here, I have supported all kind of issues like:
- Installing/upgrading/configuring Greenplum Database environment.
- Troubleshooting and recovering failed segment instances.
- Managing master failover issues.
- Confuguring Greenplum Command Center.
- Working on greenplum expansion.
- upgrading customer database both out of family databases as well minor upgrades.
- Fixed catalogs for customer with inconsistencies in pg_class , pg_attribute,pg_type or persistent rebuilding regularly on customer system.
- Recommending Database Configuration as per customer's use case.
- Providing root cause analysis on issues to the customer and much more.
Here I worked as EMC DCA Support Engineer for EMC(Our Client). While working here, I supported global customers of EMC Data Computing Appliances with all types of hardware issues and failures.
Fundamentals of MarkLogic like database, forest and application services
Three days training of Advanced administrative tasks of MarkLogic Database Server
Whenever I get time, I like to write codes. All my projects are available at my github site.
- Parallel restore : This is python utility to restore the greenplum backup in parallel even if we have different number of greenplum instances in environment.
- Data Refresh : This is python utility to automate refresh the data between the environment like PROD to UAT. This utility takes care of moving data and changing the privileges according to environment.
- Forest restore : This is to automate restore when we are restoring backup in database which has different number of forests and forests names are mismatching. This also works parallely meaning it can start multiple forest restore at same time.